Global Europe is the EU's funding programme to eradicate poverty and promote sustainable development in EU neighbourhood countries. It replaces EuropeAid.
Aims & Objectives
Global Europe’s top priorities are:
- Human development
- Social inclusion
- Gender equality
- Climate change
- Environmental protection
- Migration-related actions
Global Europe will be organised around three key pillars:
- THE GEOGRAPHIC PILLAR will foster dialogue and cooperation with third countries (main focus: European Neighbourhood, Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Americas and the Caribbean).
- THE THEMATIC PILLAR will fund support to human rights and democracy, civil society, stability and peace, conflict resolution and global challenges.
- THE RAPID-RESPONSE PILLAR will allow the EU to rapidly and effectively intervene for conflict prevention and to respond to situations of crisis or instability.
What does it support?
Supports will focus on funding actions:
- Supporting education and human development
- Tackling climate change
- Fostering digitalisation
- Boosting sustainable growth, jobs and trade
- Promoting the rule of law and European values
Who can apply?
Information will follow soon.
Why the EU funds neighbourhood, development and international cooperation
Read more about EU policy on the topic of Human rights, justice, equality.
€79,5 billion over 7 years for cooperation with third countries outside the European Union.
National Contact Point in Ireland
Not yet decided, more information will follow soon.
Find open calls for Global Europe.
Want to find out more?
Global Europe: Neighbourhood, Development and International Cooperation Instrument
Global Europe Factsheet
Guide to Global Europe Funding 2021-2027: For civil society organisations