The European Parliament is the legislative branch of the European Union and its 2020-2021 communications grants programme provides funding to advance its institutional communication strategy.
Aims & Objectives
The main aims of the communication grants programme are:
- to raise citizens’ awareness of the role and democratic values of the European Parliament
- to reach more audiences to share the work of the European Parliament
- To reinforce the importance of citizen involvement and representation in European decision-making.
What does it support?
The European Parliament communication grants programme provides the following funding:
- Grants for media partnerships and media actions: multimedia projects in the fields of television, radio, online and written press aimed at providing citizens with non–partisan and factual information about the EP and showing the impact and relevance of the EP and EU action on people’s daily life.
- Engagement grants: actions aimed at promoting the role of the EP and its democratic values and supporting citizens’ democratic engagement.
- Grants to promote and support specific EU-wide events like the Conference on the Future of Europe or the European Youth Event.
Who can apply?
- Civil society organisations
- Public and private stakeholders
- Specifically: organisations/bodies that foster the representation and participation of citizens in the European democratic life and can reach a wide audience.
Why the EU funds this
Read more about EU policy on the topic of European Citizenship and values.
The indicative budget available for media and engagement grants in 2020-2021 is € 8.8 million, subject to the availability of corresponding funds in the EU budget.
NasCSO by European Movement Ireland. NasCSO is a European Parliament supported project with a goal of building and developing greater connections between civil society organisations (CSOs) in Ireland and the European Parliament.
National Contact Point in Ireland
European Parliament’s Liaison Office in Ireland
Find open calls for European Parliament.
Want to find out more?
European Parliament - Communication