Citizens, Equality, Rights and Values (CERV) is the EU's funding programme for citizens' engagement and the implementation of EU rights and values. It replaces both Europe for Citizens and the Rights, Equality and Citizenship programme.
Aims & Objectives
The Citizens, Equality, Rights and Values (CERV) programme’s aims are to:
- protect and promote Union rights and values
- promote rights, non-discrimination, equality, including gender equality
- promote citizens engagement and participation in the democratic life of the Union and exchanges between citizens of different Member States
- raise awareness of the common European history
What does it support?
CERV funds activities:
- promoting non-discrimination and gender equality, the rights of the child, European remembrance and citizens’ engagement, as well as combat racism and gender-based violence
- strengthening the protection and promotion of the rule of law and democratic dialogue, transparency and good governance
- supporting, empowering and building the capacity of civil society organisations active in the promotion of values and rights, at local, regional, national and transnational level.
Specific activities funded include:
- training activities, workshops, conferences
- mutual learning and cooperation, capacity building
- town twinning
- media campaigns, awareness raising and dissemination activities
Who can apply?
Civil society organisations as well as public authorities, European-level networks and think tanks.
Read more about EU policy on the topic of European citizenship and values.
€1,56 billion over 7 years.
Examples of funded projects
National Contact Point in Ireland
Not yet decided, information will follow soon. Please reach out to the Access Europe team in case you have any questions about the programme.
Find open calls for CERV.
Want to find out more?
Citizens, Equality, Rights and Values Programme (CERV)
CERV Project Partner Search
CERV Citizens Forum: find projects and partners
Video: CERV funding opportunities
DG Justice Newsletter on funding opportunities & funded projects
CERV work programme 2023-2024
CERV Indicative Call Planning 2023-2024
Twitter: EU Justice
Facebook: CERV programme