- Professional or sector representative body
- Development of education and training materials and programmes
- European learning networks and exchanges
- Community outreach and engagement
- Policy, advocacy and campaigns
- Scientific innovation
- Technological innovation
EU Project Experience
SERI is part of an EU project called Buy Social B2B Europe.
The European Commission (EC) launched a call for proposals, as part of the Single Market Programme (SMP/SME Pillar), to support and accelerate European and local B2B social procurement markets to be further developed by existing key actors in the market.
One of the 5 awarded projects is “Scaling-up Buy Social B2B Markets Across Europe”, also referred to as “Buy Social Europe B2B”, which seeks to take the social procurement movement in Europe to the next level, building on years of experience by its partners, to further raise awareness and build capacity of both sides of the supply and demand spectrum of social and mainstream enterprises.
Led by Euclid Network, the consortium brings together 23 organisations – ecosystem developers, highly-skilled practitioners, and experts in sustainable and social procurement from the supply and demand sides. The project will build on the work of the already existing Buy Social movement, deepening and scaling its scope and impact in 17 countries.
EU Funding Goals
1. Projects which support the digitisation of the social economy.
2. Building a network of social enterprise support organisations.
3. Participating as a partner in projects which are useful to social enterprise practitioners in an Irish context.