- Education and training
- Employment and job creation
- People in vulnerable situations e.g. domestic violence.
- Services for older people
- Services for people with disabilities
- Services for Travellers and ethnic minorities
- Social inclusion
- Sport and exercise
- Sustainable development
- Urban development
- Young people / youth work
- Development of education and training materials and programmes
- European learning networks and exchanges
- Community outreach and engagement
EU Project Experience
BizMentors International was a 3 year Interreg NPA funded project which ran from 2018-2021.
This project aims to innovate the SCCUL bizmentors model using an online interactive platform and shared learning to scale and expand in the NPA Region, making expertise accessible to all enterprises and entrepreneurs.
EU Funding Goals
SCCUL Enterprises are in the early stages of their EU project partnerships having only experience with one EU project.
We would like to focus on building our networks, specifically making connections with like minded communities and strategic partners who support social and economic development and wellbeing by providing spaces and supports for community and enterprise.
SCCUL was established to help those in need in the community, in a manner that is exclusively charitable in accordance with Irish law, by supporting enterprise and providing training, expertise and structures to create and sustain employment in the Galway region and in particular the more disadvantaged urban areas of Galway City.
SCCUL has developed several unique initiatives to support the local community including the SCCUL Enterprise Centre, bizmentors, the SCCUL Sanctuary, SAOL Inclusion Café, SCCUL Choir Factor and the SCCUL Enterprise Awards.
Through EU projects participation, we aim to expand on this success.