- Education and training
- Services for people with disabilities
- Arts and Culture
- Policy, advocacy and campaigns
- Community outreach and engagement
- Development of education and training materials and programmes
- Cultural and artistic innovation
- European learning networks and exchanges
KCAT builds on a solid foundation of two decades of pioneering in the field of art and disability. We evolve and develop according to the aspirations of our artists, challenging misconceptions and offering new ways for artists and audiences to think about art and its place in the world. We dynamically adjust our programs to better fit the needs of the artists who access the centre. We maintain an open environment where the platforms on offer are as diverse as our participants. We employ and support artist professionals and collaborators who embody an ethos of excellence and professionalism We are dedicated above all to working inclusively, creating and exploring new ways for diversity and difference to be celebrated. We strategize a long-term approach with our artists, encouraging goal setting and planning into the future for continued development and opportunities for growth.
KCAT celebrates and fosters arts development and presentation in the following ways:
- We are committed to art making and learning, through multidisciplinary platforms including theatre, dance and visual art. Our aim is for excellence and professionalism in all our activities. Our emphasis on excellence, fosters quality engagement and participation, and a reputable model for creative learning and human flourishing.
- We are inclusive and welcoming. Encouraging diversity of ideas, forms and contexts, from all artists and audiences. All people regardless of gender, age, background, ability or age are welcome to our centre. The needs of our participants will direct our vision.
- We are collaborative. We continually seek to develop and nurture relationships with artists, art organisations, local partners and government authorities and other stakeholders in pursuit of mutual goals.
EU Project Experience
EU Funding Goals
Exchange of good practise and creative opportunities for artists, actors and students in KCAT.