- Active citizenship
- Education and training
- Employment and job creation
- Policy and advocacy
- Poverty alleviation
- Rural development
- Services for older people
- Sustainable development
- Urban development
- Development of education and training materials and programmes
- European learning networks and exchanges
- Community outreach and engagement
- Policy, advocacy and campaigns
- Technological innovation
Energy Communities Tipperary CooperativeEU Project Experience
The OneStop Renovation Co-op (OSR-Coop) project, funded by the LIFE Programme of the European Union, aims to further the development and piloting of cooperative one-stop-shop (OSS) building renovation services to transform them into integrated services with a focus on deep renovation for households. ECTC is a main partner in this project. ECTC foresees that it will implement the outcomes from this project across all the renovation that it carries out. The optimised, and new segmented services that ECTC will develop through this project, will allow ECTC to keep customers engaged in a renovation journey.
Interreg NWE community-based Virtual Power Plant (cVPP): ECTC was a sub partner in this project which won the Citizens’ Award at the EU Sustainable Energy Week 2020 and the IE&IS Valorization Price 2020. A community-based Virtual Power Plant (cVPP) facilitates local community energy initiatives to aggregate distributed generation and flexibility through an Energy Management System(EMS) platform which models price changes, energy flows and weather conditions, and thereby helps to solve the grid problems. Being organised by the community and driven by their needs, a cVPP works for citizens: it enables energy communities to manage energy demand and supply within their community and to trade energy and flexibility on markets, which helps democratise the energy system.
EU Funding Goals
- Network Building: Establish a robust network of collaborative partners. Foster connections with organisations and individuals committed to shared goals.
- Learning Focus: Prioritise continual learning andknowledge-sharing. Stay informed about the latest developments and best practices in relevant fields.
- Active Project Participation: Actively participate as a partner in diverse projects. Contribute expertise, resources, and support to initiatives aligned with our mission.
- Sustainable Community Development: Engage in projectst hat contribute to the holistic growth of communities. Support initiatives promoting long-term environmental, social, and economic sustainability.
- Community-Owned Renewable Energy: Explore and support projects empowering communities to manage renewable energy resources. Advocate for community ownership in renewable energy ventures for local empowerment.
- Alleviating Energy Poverty: Participate in projects addressing energy poverty. Work towards ensuring universal access to clean and affordable energy for all community members.
- Citizen-Led Renovation: Support initiatives empowering community members in renovation projects. Contribute to the creation of sustainable, energy-efficient living spaces through citizen-led efforts.
ECTC stands out as a robust and impactful organisation with strengths that encompass community engagement, a proven track record in successful projects, strategic partnerships with key stakeholders, diverse expertise among volunteer directors and community members, growing knowledge on community-owned renewable energy, commitment to alleviating energy poverty, empowerment of communities through citizen-led renovation projects, and a measurable impact on energy savings.
ECTC's dedication to fostering sustainable practices and community-driven initiatives reflects its comprehensive approach to addressing environmental and social challenges, making it a key player in the realm of community-based sustainable energy.