- Active citizenship
- Arts and Culture
- Education and training
- Employment and job creation
- Housing and homelessness
- Immigration, refugee and asylum seeker supports
- People in vulnerable situations e.g. domestic violence.
- Policy and advocacy
- Poverty alleviation
- Professional or sector representative body
- Services for older people
- Services for people with disabilities
- Services for Travellers and ethnic minorities
- Social inclusion
- Sport and exercise
- Sustainable development
- Urban development
- Young people / youth work
- Development of education and training materials and programmes
- European learning networks and exchanges
- Community outreach and engagement
- Cultural and artistic innovation
- Policy, advocacy and campaigns
- Scientific innovation
- Technological innovation
EU Project Experience
Dublin City Council’s European Programme Support Office (EPSO) is monitoring all the available/pending open calls and grant funding opportunities.
EU Funding Goals
Dublin City Council is committed to identifying opportunities to reimagine the city, its neighbourhoods and businesses
We are focused on how key parts of the city can be regenerated, through investment & innovation, city greening and improved connectivity. We are also dedicated to supporting and delivering the recovery and resilience of the city through innovative approaches and to respond to the defining global and local environmental, social and economic challenges and opportunities of our time.
Keeping the Dublin economy performing as the engine room of the Irish economy and to ensure its long-term recovery and resilience is an essential priority alongside making the city a sustainable and social place tolive, work and recreate.
We focus additionally on the following topics:
- Innovation, Smart Cities
- Mobility, Accessibility, Age Friendly, Active Travel
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Transportation, Connectivity
- Greening, Green Infrastructure, Green Transition, Last Mile Deliveries
- Parks, Biodiversity, Rewilding, Nature Based Solution
- Waste Management Solutions, Recycling, Sustainable Energy Solutions, Water Conservation, Shared Services
The role of the office is to facilitate and promote opportunities to leverage European Programme funded projects with the City Council’s priority areas and to create synergies with our own programme of works.
A longer-term goal is to increase the City Council’s involvement with the EU and to build capacity for future participation. The office will provide support services for staff participating or intending to participate in EU partnership projects. The EPSO will also act as a contact point for educational and research institutions as well as other organisations wishing to engage with the City Council as a potential project partner. In addition, it will also have a key co-ordination, liaison and communications role both internally among Dublin City Council staff, other local, regional and European authorities and representatives as well as the public.