The New European Bauhaus Initiative brings citizens, experts, businesses, and institutions together to reimagine sustainable living in Europe and beyond.
This call aims to activate citizen generated solutions and initiatives to resolve challenges facing European cities, peri-urban and rural areas.
The EIT Community invites applicants to develop and submit applications aligned with the New European Bauhaus initiative (hereinafter NEB) focused on developing long-term solutions in collaboration with citizens to deliver transformation that match the needs and demand of a wider community.
The overall purpose of this Connect NEB Call for Proposals is to activate citizen generated solutions and initiatives to resolve challenges facing European cities, peri-urban and rural areas to facilitate the exchange of knowledge between people whilst addressing sustainability, quality of experience and inclusiveness.
This a mono-beneficiary Call for Proposals open to legal entities (private or public, KIC partners or not) established in Member States (MS) of the European Union (EU), and/or in Third countries associated to Horizon Europe. Consortia are not allowed. Applications from RIS countries are encouraged to participate.
For further eligibility information please check Chapter 2.2 of the Call document.
The grant will award for the co-design and co-stewardship of public realm, and social activation and educational activities addressing at least one of the EIT Community NEB Challenges based on the New European Bauhaus four thematic axes:
In terms of citizen activation and engagement strategy, the projects must comply with at least one of the expected outcome targets:
For further information on outputs and impacts, including examples of specific types of activities, please carefully read Section 3.4 of the Call Manual document.
The funding rate is 80% up to 15.000€ for each project, leaving the remaining 20% to be co-funded by the applicant.
Overall 8 selected projects (ideally a minimum 1 proposal per EIT Community NEB Challenge) can be implemented in six regions/cities located in the European Union Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries from February 2024 to November 2024.