LIFE is the EU’s funding programme dedicated to the environment and climate action.
This call supports the development, implementation, monitoring and enforcement of the Union legislation and policy on climate change.
The topics under this call for proposals concern LIFE Standard Action Projects (SAPs).SAPs represent the ‘traditional LIFE projects’ aimed to:
− develop, demonstrate and promote innovative techniques, methods and approaches‘ Innovative techniques, methods and approaches’ means solutions which are new when compared to the state of the art at Member State and sector level and which are implemented at an operational scale and under conditions that allow the achievement of the impacts set out in the award criterion ’Impact’ first paragraph
− contribute to the knowledge base and to the application of best practice ‘Best practice’ means solutions, techniques, methods and approaches which are appropriate, cost-effective and state of the art (at Member State and sector level), and which are implemented at an operational scale and under conditions that allow the achievement of the impacts set out in the award criterion ’Impact’ first paragraph
- support the development, implementation, monitoring and enforcement of the EU legislation and policy, including by improving governance at all levels, in particular through enhancing capacities of public and private actors and the involvement of civil society
− catalyse the large-scale deployment of successful technical and policy related solutions for implementing the EU legislation and policy by replicating results, integrating related objectives into other policies and into public and private sector practices, mobilising investment and improving access to finance.
1. Support to the operation of the European Climate Pact
2. Incentivising behavioural change, mainstream emission reduction and resource and energy efficiency actions
3. Awareness-raising activities addressing adaptation and mitigation needs
4. Activities linked to the development and implementation of the Sustainable Finance actions
5. Greenhouse gas emission monitoring and reporting
6. Implementation/further development of national 2030 climate and energy strategies and plans and/or long-term strategies
7. Development and implementation of greenhouse gas accounting and climate change mitigation in the land use sector
8. Assessment of the functioning of the EU ETS
9. Building capacity, raising awareness among end-users and the equipment distribution chain of fluorinated greenhouse gases
10. Climate policy monitoring, assessment and ex-post evaluation
In order to be eligible, the applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must be legal entities (public or private bodies) and be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.:
The typical duration of the project is 2 to 5 years. Maximum project duration: 10 years
EUR 6,350,000. The Commission will fund 5 projects.