Erasmus+ is the EU funding programme for education, training, youth and sport for the period 2021-2027.
This action aims to support the organisation of sport events with a European dimension in volunteering in sport, social inclusion in sport, fight against discrimination in sport, and encouraging participation in sport and physical activity.
This Action aims to support the organisation of sport events with a European dimension in the following fields:
- Volunteering in sport;
- Social inclusion through sport;
- Fight against discrimination in sport, including gender equality;
- Encouraging the participation in sport and physical activity including:
a) the implementation of the Council Recommendation on health-enhancing physical activity, the EU Physical Activity Guidelines and the Tartu Call for a Healthy Lifestyle
b) the support to the implementation of the European Weeks of Sport
c) the promotion of sport and physical activity as a tool for health
d) the promotion of all activities encouraging the practice of sport and physical activity including traditional sport and games and intergenerational sport.
The project has to focus on one of these objectives. It can also focus on all of the objectives but the main objective must be clearly identifiable and prevailing in the proposal.
This action provides financial support for the organization of one European-wide sport event in one Programme Country or for the organisation of European local events in several Programme Countries.
Activities to be funded under this topic
The following standard activities are supported (non-exhaustive list):
- preparation and organisation of the event;
- organisation of educational activities for athletes, coaches, organisers and volunteers in the run-up to the event;
- organisation of side-activities to the sporting event (conferences, seminars);
- training of volunteers;
- implementation of legacy activities (evaluations, drafting of future plans);
- communication activities linked to the topic of the event.
The following sport events are not supported under this action:
- Sport competitions organised by national, European or international sport federations/associations/leagues on a regular basis (National, European or World Championships) unless the financial support is requested for the organisation of side activities targeting large population.
Any public body or organisation, with its affiliated entities (if any), active in the field of sport, established in a Programme Country: see section "Eligible Countries" in Part A of the Erasmus+ Programme Guide.
For example, such organisations can be (non-exhaustive list):
- a public body in charge of sport at local, regional or national level;
- a sport organisation at local, regional, national, European or international level;
- a National Olympic Committee or National Sport confederation;
- an organisation representing the 'sport for all' movement;
- an organisation active in the field of physical activity promotion;
- an organisation representing the active leisure sector;
- an organisation active in the field of education, training or youth.
A Not-for-profit European Sport Event is transnational and involves:
- For the European local event (Type I): from a minimum of 3 organisations coming from 3 different Programme Counties to a maximum of 5 organisations coming from 5 different Programme Countries.
- For the European local event (Type II): a minimum of 6 organisations coming from 6 different Programme Countries
- For the European-wide event: a minimum of 10 organisations coming from 10 different Programme Countries. In addition of the coordinator of the project, the applicant needs to identify in the application form at least 9 organisations that are considered associated partners. For contractual management aspects, these associated partners are not considered to be project partners, and they do not receive any funding from the Programme as part of the project.
The contributions for Not-for-profit European Sport Events take the form of lump sums. The amount of the fixed lump sum depends on the number of events and number of organisations involved in the project. Applicants will choose between the 3 pre-defined amounts according to the number of events and number of organisations involved in the project.
- For the European-local event (Type I): 200.000 EUR
- For the European-local event (Type II): 300.000 EUR
- For the European-wide event: 450.000 EUR
12 or 18 months, based on the objective of the project and on the type of activities foreseen over time.