Creative Europe is the EU’s funding programme for providing support to the culture and audiovisual sectors.
This call aims to enhance the promotion of European content in the global market and to foster cooperation among all parts of the audiovisual value chain.
The objective of the Markets & Networking call is to enhance the promotion of European content in the global market and to foster cooperation among all parts of the audiovisual value chain for the co-creation and promotion of European audiovisual works.
- To improve the innovative aspect of existing European industry markets, and to increase their systemic impact;
- To encourage the creation of networks of markets;
- To encourage the development of networks among European professionals with the aim to co-create series;
- To promote sustainability and the greening process of the markets;
- To improve the competitiveness, circulation and promotion of European audiovisual works on international markets
- To enhance diversity and inclusion in the markets and networks;
- To ensure that Europe's audiovisual industry is taking full advantage of technological and business innovation.
Activities to be funded
- Industry events, physical, digital or hybrid, focused on business-to-business exchanges among European audiovisual professionals, facilitating co-productions and sales and showing a structuring effect on the European audiovisual eco-system as well as impact on the promotion and sales of European audiovisual works on global markets.
Activities and events should adapt to current market trends and include innovative content (videogames, VR, XR, AI, cross-media), animation or genre audiovisual works.
- Networks of markets, organised around a thematic basis or geographically, should increase their impact on the audiovisual industry. They can therefore cover e.g. several film markets of a specific region or e.g. several markets focussing on specific types of works (i.e. kids content, documentaries, animation, videogames, AR, VR) or both.
Networking activities across the whole value chain
These networking activities will contribute to the promotion of European works and consolidation of the audiovisual eco-system across the whole value chain.
These networks can propose either:
- activities related to different existing markets within and outside the countries participating in the MEDIA strand. Such activities will include business-to-business promotional activities, including financial support to third parties, aimed at facilitating the distribution of European audiovisual works or exchange of best practices, with a particular focus on innovative technologies and business practices or
- activities related to the co-creation of Series, leading to marketable and competitive European series.
In order to be eligible, the applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must:
+ be legal entities (public or private bodies)
+ be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.: Creative Europe Participating Countries:
- EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs))
- non-EU countries: listed EEA countries and countries associated to the Creative Europe Programme or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature (list of participating countries)
Applications by single applicants are allowed (single beneficiaries; affiliated entities and other participants are allowed, if needed) as well as proposals submitted by a consortium of at least 2 applicants (beneficiaries; not affiliated entities).
EUR 16 500 000