Creative Europe is the EU’s funding programme for providing support to the culture and audiovisual sectors.
This call aims to support projects focusing on the specific challenges of the audiovisual sector.
The objective of the Innovative Tools and Business Models action is to strengthen the competitiveness, scalability and sustainability of the European European players, as well as to improve the visibility and availability of European works and increase audiences in the digital environment. The aim is to support projects focusing on the specific challenges of the audiovisual sector such as discoverability, sequencing of release windows, financing and territoriality in order to enable strong and visible offers of European works online and across borders to a wide public.
Activities to be funded
The development and/or the spread of innovative tools and business models to increase the availability, visibility and audience of European works in the digital age and/or contribute to increase the competitiveness and greening of the European audiovisual industry.
The projects can include in particular:
- Subtitling or accessibility/discoverability/recommendation tools to be widely used across borders and across platforms in order to improve the visibility, the availability and the audience potential of European audiovisual works;
- Business tools improving the efficiency and the transparency of the audiovisual markets: automated rights management system, technology for data gathering and analysis
- Business models seeking to optimise the synergies and complementarities between the distribution platforms (festivals, cinemas, VOD…);
- Business tools exploring new modes of production, financing, distribution or promotion enabled or enhanced by new technology (AI, big data, blockchain, etc.).
- Innovative tools and business models improving the greening process of the audiovisual industry.
In order to be eligible, the applicants(beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must:
- be legal entities (public or private bodies)
- be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e. Creative Europe Participating Countries: EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs)) and non-EU countries: listed EEA countries and countries associated to the Creative Europe Programme (associated countries) or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature.
- be established in one of the countries participating fully in the MEDIA strand of the Creative Europe Programme and owned directly or indirectly, wholly or by majority participation, by nationals from such countries. When a company is publicly listed, the location of the stock exchange will in principle determine its nationality.
No limit. The grant awarded may be lower than the amount requested.
Projects should not normally exceed 36 months(extensions are possible, if duly justified and through an amendment).